Sunday, August 23, 2009

What is the Challenge?

I don't want to say it's a problem, cause I've been watching this show with my wife regarding getting rid of excuses from one's life. So let's say that one of the challenges of being unemployed is being able to stay posative all the time. I do believe that mood, feelings and thoughts can guide what happens to a person from what's seen as outside influences. So, with that belief the trick is to be and feel posative about what I want out of the next 6 months.

I guess the challenge here is that I'm not sure what I want out of the next 6 months, especially when I realize that it may affect what I do with my next 15 years career wise. A lot of ideas have been racing around between the old ears. When the ideas pop up, it's really a great spot to be in. Creative energy is flowing, which leads to new, bigger ideas and the whole thing has sort of a postive snowball effect that leaves me feeling on top of the world. Eventually though, the creation of these ideas slows down and stops.

Trying to pick up on the same ideas later just doesn't seem to bring the same fire, as the initial thoughts brought.

I guess that's not entirely true. I do get excited about some thoughts continuously. Maybe these are the ones that need pursuing? Well, they are probably most definately the ones that need pursuing. I guess maybe this is where the challenge comes in. The thoughts that produce continued excitement are not the ones that lead in the same path as the one I know.

That's kind of scarry for just that reason. It's the unknown. And I'm not certain how to bring the unkown into reality.

There is the quote by Martin Luther King Jr. that says, "Take the first step in faith . . . you don't have to see the whole stair case, just take the first step." It's a great quote and speaks volumes, especially with the problem of bringing the unknown into reality, but I'm not sure I'm there yet. That's sad, because it's only fear that holds a person back.

Maybe the first step in that faith for the moment is to continue to let the ideas flow. That's brought about answers in the past for our family, and it can certainly happen again. Is that the challenge then for now?

No comments:

Post a Comment